September 15, 2015
September 13, 2015
- 6/7 - Turned One!
- 6/12-6/14 - Stayed with Nana and Papa while Mom and Dad went to Galena
- 6/29-7/3 - Trip to Oklahoma to visit Great-Great Grandma. Dad in Canada
- 7/10-7/12 - Heritage Days in Mount Vernon
- 7/20-7/22 - Baby B stayed with us while his foster family had a new baby
- 7/25 - Celebrated cousin Madeline's 1st birthday
- 8/2 - Celebrated Pax's 1st birthday
- 8/3-8/8 - Stayed at Nana's while Daddy was in NC for work.
- 8/18 - Got my 5th tooth
- 8/20-8/23 - Stayed with Grammy and Grampy while M&D went to KC.
- 8/22 - Started walking
- 9/7 - 15 Months Old on Labor Day
Size (Percentile): home approximates
- Height - 29.5"
- Weight - 19.9 lbs
- Head Circumference - 18.5"
Typical Daily Schedule:
Wake up around 8:30, breakfast of milk and cereal, play time, lunch, nap from 11:30-2:30, snack (water bottle and crackers), play time (usually a walk when Dad gets home), dinner and bedtime routine (bath, pjs, books and bed) starting at 6:30, usually asleep by 8.
Things I Love:
- Reading my books
- Walking all over
- Putting the animals into the toy ark
- Baby dolls and stuffed animals
- Meat, potatoes, fruit, YOGURT (see picture below)
- Transitioned to whole milk from formula
- Drinking from a straw - love my Camelbak!
- Got my 5th tooth
- Wave, blow kisses, "answer the phone" and "Oh my goodness"
- Starting to help pick up toys by giving them to M&D to put in the baskets.
Highlights of the Month:
- I almost fit in most of my 12 month clothes now and I'm still in size 3 diapers.
- I bring my books to Mom or Dad and sit on their lap until they read to me. When I read them by myself I repeat "buh" over and over as I "read".
- My hair got long enough for a fountain pony on top and now pigtails. I end up with little buns because it is SO curly.
- I make funny faces at Mom and Dad, crinkling up my nose.
- My "friends" are starting to become real friends. Pax and I are really excited to see each other in the morning and I got to play at the 4th of July parade with Logan, Ryder, Finley and Hunter! So much fun!
- When Mom goes to put me down for nap, I give her a big hug, snuggle on her shoulder, give her kiss and then lean into the crib to tell her to lay me down to sleep.
- We traveled a lot this summer. I still won't sleep in the car, so that was exciting, but I'm still a pretty good sport. On the way to and from Oklahoma (8 hours each way) I only slept about an hour total!
- I met my Great-Great Grandma in July! She was almost 98 years old! After her birthday in August, she sent me her balloons so I could play with them.
- I also spent a lot of time in the Ergo with Mom this summer because Mom and Dad love to go on walks after work.
- I loved the pool in OK but hate it at home, so mom thinks it's probably because of how cold the water is here.
- Mom and Dad left me with my grandparents for two weekend trips this summer - with Nana and Papa when they went to Galena and with Grammy and Grampy when they went to Kansas City. I finally learned how to walk while Mom and Dad were in KC, so I walked to Mom for the first time on her birthday.
- I got my first real injury in July when I took a header off the love seat and hit my face on the TV stand. I looked like Scarface, but after a short cry it was worse for Mommy than for me.
- I need to moved up to the toddler room at D6 since I started walking. I've been in that room for a long time so Mom was a little nervous, but I did great with Jessamy and the Beckers.
- Mom and Dad have really enjoyed playing with me now that I'm more of a toddler than an infant - I get to play with them instead of just look at them like they're weird.
|Birthday present from Mom and Dad|
|5 generations, 13 months to 97 years + 11 months!!|
|4th of July parade with lots of friends|
|Scarface about 15 minutes post tumble|
|Grunder Campout shirt from last summer finally fits|
|Paxton's Anchors Aweigh party|
|Working at her Papa's desk, looking like her Great-Papa|
|Playing with Grampy while Mom and Dad were in KC|
|Rocking her chucks from Aunt Amanda - also, walking in shoes is hard.|