October 21, 2011

Pumpkin Patch!

On Sunday, Mike's sister Jenny and her husband Tyler came up and we went to the pumpkin patch!!

Mike found some pumpkins he was really excited about :)
Afterwards, we went back to our apartment and carved them. I had never used the designs that come with the tool kits before and I have to say, they do turn out pretty cool!

Jenny's zombie hand

Mike's headless horseman

My graveyard bat

The final products. Jenny and Tyler took Tyler's pumpkin home to carve later. 

This is a project I've wanted to do with mini pumpkins. They're sitting on our "entertainment center" now. And it's super simple: I just printed the letters, cut them out to use as stencils, Sharpied the letters on and  now they're waiting to be finished with some varnish. Hopefully that will make them last longer, but we'll see. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment