- 6/7 - My birthday! (Read about my birth here)
- 6/9 - Came home from the hospital
- 6/11 - First follow up appointment - down to 5lbs 9oz
- 6/12 - 2nd follow up for weight gain - up to 5lbs 10oz
- 6/13 - Met Great-Grandma and Papa
- 6/14 - Met Uncle Tyler and Cousin Ben
- 7/15 - Grandma Sherry went back home after helping Mom and Dad for a week
- 6/16 - My due date. I went to Baby Basics at Cornerstone, my first trip other than to the doctor
- 6/17 - Lost my cord stump
- 6/19 - 2 week doctor's appointment - up to 6lbs 6 oz!
- 6/22 - Church and then newborn pictures with Katharyne Dunn
- 6/25 - Grandma Sherry, Melissa and Amanda came to visit, go shopping and have lunch
- 7/3 - Fireworks in the van (I was eating)
- 7/4 - Parade for the 4th of July
- 7/7 - 1 Month Old! Daddy left for a business trip overnight
Size/Percentile: At 2 weeks
- Weight - 6 lbs 6 oz (6%)
- Height - 19.75 inches (33%)
- Head - 14.06 inches (75%)
I wake up the first time in the morning about 6:30-7:30, around the same time Daddy leaves for work. Mommy and I usually take a nap until I wake up again at about 9:30. During the day, Mommy wakes me up with a diaper change every 2-3 hours if I don't wake up on my own. After my diaper is changed I get to eat. I usually eat for about 20 minutes, but I like to "comfort nurse" and use Mommy as a pacifier in the evenings. Mom feeds me right before she falls asleep, between 11 and midnight, and then I wake up once in the middle of the night to eat. Sometimes Daddy gives me a bottle that Mommy pumped if she's too tired to hold me to nurse.
Things I Love:
- Snuggling/sleeping on Daddy's chest
- Having my arms swaddled (otherwise I punch myself)
- My duck (Wubanub pacifiers - duck and giraffe)
This Month's Milestones:
- I've cried real tears since before I left the hospital.
- I follow Mommy and Daddy's voices by turning my head
- My eyes rarely cross anymore and I focus on faces pretty well
- I can hold my head up for about a minute when I'm on my belly
- I smile at Mommy and Daddy (and after I fart)
- I don't cry at baths, clothes or diaper changes anymore!
- Two growth spurts - Mommy was amazed how much I ate!
Highlights of the Month:
- I eat really efficiently, but only with the shield
- I have scared multiple people with how loudly I can fart/poop
- I kept almost all of my hair and the top of my head is finally filling in!
- I still don't fill out my other newborn sized clothes, but my Carter's brand ones are getting snug now!
- I slept in the Mei Tai for walks to the farmer's market on Saturdays
- I stretch out my neck and purse my lips - Aunt Amanda calls it my "turtle face"
- My baths are all in the bathroom sink, because I still fit laying down in the cradle
- I usually sleep either in my carseat or in bed with Mom and Dad after middle of the night feedings
|Lily's first picture|
|Drowning in the hospital's clothes|
|Sleeping on her first afternoon at home|
|Way too small for the bouncy seat|
|Apparently Grandma Sherry wasn't very entertaining|
|Meeting her Great-Grandparents|
|Dressed up to leave the house for the first time.|
|2 weeks old|
|Napping with Daddy|
|Our little burrito|
|Fourth of July|
|Napping through the parade|
|Dancing with Daddy|