- 9/7 - 15 Months Old on Labor Day
- 9/15 - Announced her Big Sister status
- 9/19 - Mount Vernon for the Stanbrough wedding
- 10/3 - Center Grove Orchard with Amanda
- 10/4 - Cousin Ben's birthday party in Grimes
- 10/10 - Flu shot and then riding the train for Papa's birthday
- 10/30 - Downtown trick or treating
- 11/21 - 18 mo and Family Pictures in the snow with Val Marlene Photography
- 11/25-27 - Thanksgiving with the Goodmans
- 12/7 - 18 Months old
Size (Percentile): as of 12/10
- Height - 31.75" (48%)
- Weight - 21# 6.5oz (33%)
- Head Circumference - 18.9" (90%)
Typical Daily Schedule:
Wake up around 8:30, breakfast (milk and cheerios) with snuggles on the couch, play time, lunch at 11, nap from noon-3/3:30, snack (water bottle and granola bar/animal crackers), play time and/or errands, dinner and bedtime routine (bath, pjs, brush teeth, books and bed) starting at 7, usually asleep by 8.
Things I Love:
My New Milestones:
Highlights of the "Month":
- Reading books
- Anything she can "drive" - and they all say "weee!"
- Giving hugs and kisses
- Her flannel blankies
- Pointing out all the "babies" - aka people or pictures of people, no matter their age.
- Tooth #6 and working on the first molar
- Takes herself to bath/nap time
- Brings us specific things when asked
- Puts away all the shoes (and will take them off your feet to do it)
- Words: Amen, up, yeah/yesch (think Sean Connery), nigh-night, bye-bye, baby, Nana, car, truck, please, thank you and love you, duck, cat, lots of animal noises.
- Signs: please, more and help
- Points to her belly button, feet/toes, eyes, nose, mouth, ears, teeth, and hair
- Getting much better with spoon and fork - but hands are still way easier and faster.
Highlights of the "Month":
- Wears all 12 month clothes now and still in size 3 diapers (4's for overnight).
- Very particular about how to sit on laps - will move your legs depending on if she wants to sit on them or between them.
- When it's wet in the bath, her hair is between her shoulder blades... dry it doesn't touch her shoulders. Holy curly!
- Waited for Dad by the back door for most of September when it's almost time for him to get home from work. Now she runs to meet him with a hug as he comes in.
- Throws her head back to laugh maniacally if she finds something funny. Saying her own name was ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS.
- Folds hands to pray before meals and bed... and will interrupt the prayer to say "aaa-meh" if she's impatient to get her food.
- Aunt Amanda came over for daytime trick or treating. Lily was a monkey (we said "peas" instead of trick or treat) and if you asked her what monkeys say, she said "ROAR"... Pax was a lion and had been practicing.
- Couldn't have asked for a more helpful toddler for family pictures - such a cheeser!
- Slowly transitioning to regular bedding - the crib now contains both her blankie and a regular quilt. Pillow soon to come (just have to remember to wash the case).
- Molars are mean. We're about a month into waiting for this one and sleep is now non-existent from the pain.
- Big sister training! Loves giving kisses to Little Brother in Mom's growing belly.