20 Questions with Lily (answered by Mom)
- How old are you? Two (tree, por, pive...)
- What are your nicknames? Lily, Bucky, Sweetheart
- What do you love about Mom? Morning snuggles
- What do you love about Dad? Walks and playtime
- What do you love about Theo? Nothing. You recognize his existence, but mostly just because he's loud.
- Who is your best friend(s)? Auntie Amanda (favorite person in the world)
- What do you want to be when you grow up? Mom thinks a civil engineer - you're super analytical and love the train.
- What is your favorite TV show(s)? Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, PBS kids (Super Why!, Dinosaur Train, Sid the Science Kid, Peg+Cat)
- What is your favorite movie(s)? Anything with Mickey Mouse (Three Musketeers)
- What is your favorite song(s)? ABCs
- What is your favorite book(s)? Sandra Boynton, "Family Book" (photo album), Bible, Rumble in the Jungle, Eloise
- What is your favorite thing(s) to do? Color, go for walks, count everything
- What is your favorite toy(s)? "Wub-dub" (stethoscope), Minnie Mouse (sleeps with her), shape sorter
- What is your favorite food(s)? "nola bar" (granola bar), noodles, all fruits, steamed broccoli
- What is your favorite color(s)? "weh-woah" and pink are usually the answer, but you don't grasp the concept of color yet.
- What is your favorite animal(s)? dog, elephant, "jaff" (giraffe)
- What makes you happy? Giving attack kisses
- What makes you sad? Being told "no", staying in bed
- What is a big thing you learned this year? So much, but especially to sleep in a big bed!
- How should we celebrate your birthday? You have no understanding of birthdays, but we had a Mickey Mouse themed party
A Note from Mom
Happy 2nd birthday, Sweetheart! There are so many little things that I love about you right now that I want to remember. Like how you pause between every word in your sentences, so you always sound very serious. You blew on the fireplace because we warned you it was hot. You sit in bed and tell yourself stories before you fall asleep, or "read" your Bible. You help us "pray. Jesus." before meals and bed. You're so careful going up and down the stairs, but still want me to carry you down in the mornings. How if you get past 3 (and not 1-2-3-2-1) you can count to 12, but then get really confused because you run out of numbers! Your "drip drip dance" where you shake your tush before drying off after bath. You are such a good helper with Theo, bringing me diapers and his pacifier, but don't have any interest in holding him. How you can run, but if we call it running, you stick both arms behind you like a counter-balancing cape. How you knock knock on our bedroom door every morning to come in now that you can get out of bed by yourself. So many things that all add up to the little character you are.
We love you so much!
Pictures 18 months to Now
|snuggling "bruver" while sick|
|moved to the twin bed!|
|the reason Nana and Papa got her a rocking chair for Christmas|
|Meeting Theo for the first time|
|Little monkey child!|
|"Makin' Baby Milk"|
|swish swish swish|