- 11/30 - 8 Months old
- 12/2 - Family pictures
- 12/16 - Traxel family Christmas
- 12/17 - Jacob and Sarah's Wedding
- 12/18-20 - DeWaard Christmases
- 12/23-26 - Grunder/Halupnik Christmases
- 12/30 - 9 Months old
Size/Percentile: As of 1/4/17
- Weight - 18lb 1oz (21%)
- Height - 27.5" (15%)
- Head - 18" (69%)
Between being sick, moving to the crib and the holidays, night sleep is a thing of the past, but we're working our way back to this best case scenario from early in the month: up at 7:30, bottle at 9, lunch at noon, nap til about 3, another bottle at 3:30, family walk/errands, dinner at 6, bath bottle and bed at 7. Night bottles at 10:30p and 5a.
Things I Love:
- The bath
- "Drumming" his hands on tables
- Feeding himself - especially mashed potatoes
This Month's Milestones:
- 2 teeth
- Sitting in the bath
- Crawling belly up
- Pincer grip
- Pull up to stand
- Steps when holding fingers
- Crawl to sit
- Attempting stairs
- Moved out of Mom and Dad's room.
Highlights of the Month:
- Theo packed on 3.5 pounds in the last couple months according to his sick visit! This is awesome, because he is back on to his growth curve. He's still relatively tiny, but he's in a mix of 6 and 9m jammies, along with his 6/6-9m clothes.
- The big sleep event this month was moving to the crib in the nursery. After sharing a room as a family at DeWaard Christmas, we just never set the pack n play up and moved him in with Lily. We figured that if we were going to throw off his sleep with the holidays, we might as well kill 2 birds with 1 sleepless stone. It's gone better than I thought it would so far and we love being able to watch TV in bed again. It's the little things folks.
- Unfortunately, my plan to try introducing more actual solid foods over Christmas was thwarted by illness, so Theo still gets 2 purees a day along with some finger foods. He was all about the party potatoes at Christmas though!
- Along with his purees, he still gets 5 bottles a day - 18oz of milk during the day and 12 of formula overnight.
- We started out the month taking family photos, celebrating Auntie Amanda's 21st birthday and setting up for Christmas. Theo thought the lights and the gifts were mesmerizing.
- On the 6th, Theo got not one but TWO teeth in the same morning. Thank goodness they're through - the poor boy was miserable the couple days beforehand.
- Developing the pincer grip really opened up Theo's ability to play. He loved picking up the plastic rings that come with scarves and dropping it on the hardwood to hear it rattle. Not to mention, he's way better at eating his Cheerios.
- The bath is still the best thing ever, especially with the bubbles that he got for Christmas!
- Theo spent the second half of December sick. He had a horribly snotty cold for about a week leading up to DeWaard Christmas, where he spent an otherwise tired but happy day vomiting. After that he got sick every other morning for the next week. (So. Much. Laundry.) We took him to the doctor between Christmases to confirm it was just stomach irritation and not an ear/sinus infection. The good news was that it was just the cold, and we're now 5 days vomit free!
- Speaking of Christmas, you can read/see pictures about it here.
|Family photos by Jennifer Lee Photography|