August 7, 2014

Lily is 2 Months Old!



Big Events 
  • 7/7 - 1 month old. Girls' day with Mom while Dad was in Illinois for work
  • 7/11-7/13 - Trip to Mount Vernon for Mom's class reunion
  • 7/12 - Met Great Grandpa and Grandma Grunder
  • 7/20 - Slept through Reiman Gardens with Jenny, Tyler and Ben. 
  • 7/23 - Met new Cousin Madeline at the hospital on her birthday!
  • 7/24 - Slept through the night (6 hours) for the first time
  • 7/25 - My first bath in the tub
  • 7/29-31 - Spent the night at the hospital when Dad got his appendix out
  • 8/2 - Aunts Melissa and Amanda babysat while M&D went to CPR.
  • 8/7 - Two Months Old!

Size/Percentile: As of 8/13/14
  • Weight -  9 lbs  10.5 oz (7%)
  • Height -  22.25 inches (30%)
  • Head -  15.4 inches (65%)

Typical Daily Schedule: 
I usually sleep from about 10 or 11 pm to 3:30 am and then wake up, eat, and go back to sleep until about 6:30, eat again and sleep until 9:30. Then I eat and am awake while Mom finishes getting us ready for the day and we go down to the living room. This is my happiest time of day. I eat again at about noon and Dad and I cuddle to help me get to sleep again while he's home for lunch. I eat again at about 3:30 and again at 7, but I sleep in between. Then I like to be awake for a while and play with Dad until I have my bath at 9. Then I eat and eat and eat until about 10 or 11 when I fall asleep for the night.

Things I Love:
  • Boob. Of course.
  • Baths! I cry the 10 minutes before bath time every night and calm down as soon as I hear the water running.
  • My giraffe sound maker in my crib. 
  • Having my arms swaddled to sleep, but out if I'm awake
  • When we drive on gravel or bumpy roads
  • Touching Dad's beard
  • When Dad whistles to me
  • I think I like the swing but I'm not quite sure.

This Month's Milestones:
  • I started smiling on purpose at 5 weeks old.
  • I went on my first trip - Mount Vernon for Mom's class reunion
  • Major growth spurt at 6 weeks - Mom's excited for a break from those for a while!
  • I slept through the night (from midnight to 6 am) on July 24th! Usually I only sleep 4-5 hours, but I have slept up to 6.5 in one night!
  • I had my first bath in the tub on the 25th.
  • I "talk" a lot and am trying to figure out how to laugh like Mom and Dad do. Right now I just kind of wheeze.
  • I blow bubbles and I found my tongue at 8 weeks old. 
  • I recognize and let Mom and Dad know when my diaper needs changed.

Highlights of the Month:
  • I met my new cousin Madeline at the hospital on her birthday (7/23). She was already heavier than me. 
  • We got a stroller from Aunt Jenny and Uncle Tyler, so Mom and Dad take me on lots of walks so they don't have to buckle me in my car seat which I don't like much.
  • I still rarely eat without the shield, but we're practicing. I don't like it but Mom sure is excited to be done with it.
  • I moved up to size 1 diapers, but only because I could really fill the NB sized ones - the 1's are really still too big on me. 
  • Mom had to put away my Carter's brand NB outfits because they're too short, but all of my other clothes are too wide, so nothing really fits me right now. I'm working on filling out the rest of my NB and 0-3 month clothes.
  • I usually sleep in my crib or car seat now, but sometimes Mom is still too lazy/tired to put me back after I eat in the night, so I sleep with her. 
One of my first smiles 
Ready for Grunder Campout - my 6 mo shirt is huge!
Snuggling my duck
My eyelashes came in this month!
Hi!
Meeting cousin Madeline
Man that flash was bright!
First bath in the tub!
Loving the swing we borrowed from Mary and Jon 
Upset that Grandma went home...
but she came back the next day for Dad's appendectomy
Sitting with Daddy so that I can't kick his stitches
Happy to be home!

2 Months Old!

0 comments:

Post a Comment